Ambiguity

On the car ride from Orlando to Miami, my dad asked me "What's your plan?, Are you staying in charlotte?" When he asked me that I got quickly defensive. I am frustrated by this question since the amount of power that I have on that is almost nothing. My dad doesn't understand how difficult is to just stay after finishing school in the U.S. With a student visa your restrictions are challenging. I can't work off-campus and I don't qualify for many aids or scholarships. I understand the disadvantage; however, when you don't have your parents to rely on for rent, tuition or even a physical hug, you enter survival mode. I just turned 23 and I feel that as an international student, my life is extremely uncertain. I don't know how to pay next semester. I don't know how to keep working two jobs and full-time school. I don't know if I will be able to stay in Charlotte after living here four years. I don't know a lot, I just know I have to be in class tomorrow. Night.


Comments