Plane Thoughts
I am currently at a plane on my way to Orlando. I have been
so busy trying to get ahead of homework, pack, and meetings that I have not to feel
excited about the trip yet. Just now, that I am sitting in the plane looking
through the window how we leave the Charlotte Skyline behind I feel calm. I
haven’t stop and thought, that I am about to see my mom and dad after a year of
being separated. My mom currently lives in Madrid, Spain and my dad in
Venezuela. They are still married, but the political situation in Venezuela is
not getting better. They were forced to make the decision to send my mom to
Spain. My dad has Spanish nationality; therefore, my mom is trying to arrange
all the papers so she can obtain the nationality as well. It has been hard in
the family to be spread out around the globe. When I told some people on campus
that I was going to see my parents after a year. Everyone was shocked. I think for
most Venezuelans; most friends and families are around the world. Just this
year during spring break I saw my brother after two years in Spain. I sometimes
forget that is not normal to spend years without seeing your immediate family.
It is a sad reality that I have come to normalized.
Comments
Post a Comment