Queens Community

Am I the only one that feels lonely in such a small community like Queens? I transferred a year ago from CPCC, and I am still struggling to find my niche. I feel home at the Knight School of communication, but to the rest of campus, nothing. I can never make the 7 pm events since I bike to school. Biking through selvyn avenue trying to get back home at 8 or 9 pm is really scary. Even if I am not working at that time, I found it difficult to attend events that required a lot of effort when I don't know anyone and I wouldn't even be missed. I feel like I should stop trying to force myself into a community that I cant get through. At this time in my life, I want to focus on my career, but I would like to find a home in Queens.

Such a small community, but at the same time so distant.



Comments