Dream Team
During summer I officially started working with Digital Charlotte on campus. They are an amazing non-profit organization that helps the charlotte community regarding the digital divide and literacy. That means that the mission is to help people understand the technology and make it accessible to everyone. Last Spring I intern with them once a week to gain experience editing. My supervisor, Andrew, thought me a lot and helped me follow my own creative instinct. It wasn't paid and I did not need the credit, but the experience helped get an official position with them this whole year. I do not think any other class, would have thought me what this job has. The experience is extremely unique and more people are applying to intern with them. This semester they hired a whole team to run the storytelling and social media of the organization, and it couldn't be better. We all know each other from other classes and the level of professionalism is great! I think we got a dream team.

Comments
Post a Comment